Re: Turning off colorization

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 17:06:43 +0200

> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 15:47:07 +0100
> From: Gregor Zattler <address@hidden>
>
> > FWIW, I just tried that, and I cannot support the "quite unreadable"
> > claim.  I have no problem reading it, and it doesn't even annoy.
>
> This astonishes me because in the described setup the background
> is bright white, links are barely readable bright blue or bright
> turquoise while normal text is invisible (=bright white).

The way an X-based terminal emulator converts color specifications to
X colors is not 100% deterministic, and depends both on your X setup
and system-wide customizations.

> In the case of what I see in the case of the urxvt I would
> dispute "personal".  A attach two screen shots, they weigh 64
> KiBi in sum, don't know if the mailing list supports this

Your #909090 color (the background color) is too bright, AFAICS.  What
I see is significantly darker, which is why the text is readable in my
case.

I don't know enough about X colors to tell why the difference.