Re: Turning off colorization

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 16:27:07 +0100

Hi Eli, emacs developers,
* Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> [07. Nov. 2014]:
> The way an X-based terminal emulator converts color specifications to
> X colors is not 100% deterministic, and depends both on your X setup
> and system-wide customizations.

[...]
> Your #909090 color (the background color) is too bright, AFAICS.  What
> I see is significantly darker, which is why the text is readable in my
> case.
>
> I don't know enough about X colors to tell why the difference.

Thanks for looking into this.

I found xgamma directives in my .xsession, but I removed them and
restarted X and it looks the same.

This is an up to date debian/testing system with no files in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d .  There is only configuration in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf regarding font paths and input devices.

Ciao, Gre--who-wonders-and-is-clueless--gor