Re: History for query replace pairs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: History for query replace pairs
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 10:46:15 +0200

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 19:59:37 -0500
>
> On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 01:34:27 +0200 Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> JL> The initial implementation is installed.  Pretty sure more changes
> JL> might be necessary, such as e.g. when some users unwilling to use
> JL> this feature can set `query-replace-from-to-separator' to nil,
> JL> but maybe this should be more customizable.
>
> I really like it, thank you for implementing it.  It behaves so
> intuitively that I don't have to think about it.

I briefly tried it (will do more testing once NEWS or the manual
describes the feature in detail), and saw one problem: the Unicode
character → (u+2192) is a problem on TTYs that can't encode it or on
GUI frames that use font without a glyph for it.  So I think we need a
fallback for those cases (e.g., using char-displayable-p to detect them).

Thanks.