Re: Losing minibuffer input

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Losing minibuffer input
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 20:33:10 +0200

> I see some incoveniences with this approach: when you are on the first
> displayed line and you think that there are more lines preceding it,
> pressing up has the same problem you want to solve if there was no
> preceding line. Ditto if you are on the last displayed line.

This problem is very rare in the minibuffer because usually the
minibuffer contents is displayed completely in its entirety.  However,
later we can add an option like `scroll-error-top-bottom' that will
signal an error on the first hit to the beginning/end of the minibuffer,
and only on the second hit go to the previous/next history item.

> Furthermore, if you are on the first line and you want to pick the next
> item on the minibuffer history you are forced to press down until the
> last line. Ditto if you are on the last line and want to pick the
> preceding item on the minibuffer.

Then you can use M-p/M-n.