Re: Parallel make help needed

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Parallel make help needed
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:40:25 -0500

"Jan D." wrote:

>> may help, but you may want to investigate why you apparently don't have
>> a working 'mkdir -p' on your system,
>
> Thats easy, it is not a GNU mkdir.

https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.65/html_node/Limitations-of-Usual-Tools.html

says that non-ancient BSD mkdir's are parallel-safe. Isn't that what OS X uses?
Anyway, that would be something to take up with the autoconf folks.

> And now it works without errors.  I'll see if it comes back.

It was probably the ccmode issue. It sorted of looked as if your
install-sh was not parallel-safe, but that may have been a bogus
conclusion.