RE: Turning off colorization

From: Mirek Kaim
Subject: RE: Turning off colorization
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:29:11 +0100

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
>
> But if it's about rendering text under a terminal, I think the best
> general fix is to disable all colourisation unless Emacs can determine
> what the background colour actually is. This is a general problem that
> has plagued Emacs' colour selection thing for yonks, but hasn't really
> been addressed.

i think it's best to use 'do we have at least 256-color support' instead. how
do you want to determine what the background rgb values are? the name of the
color doesn't mean anything, people use themes for terminals. when theme is
reasonable, it may work, more or less (probably less), but if colors are
totally different than their names suggest, it's all bound to be wrong. the
only solution to that is using 256 colors and not giving a damn about the
current theme at all, at least when the html rendering is supposed to stay as
close to the original as possible.

unic0rn