Re: Turning off colorization

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:07:14 -0500

  > > In many cases, users will want Emacs to display the page as the author
  > > meant it to appear.  That may be the right default in most or even all
  > > cases.  In other words, maybe we should see fit to follow what the
  > > markup says, most of the time.  But it is not an obligation.

  > I _was_ talking about the default.

So was I.  The point is, we should set up the default as we see fit,
which may or may not mean following what the HTML specifies.
To follow that may be the right thing in some cases, or maybe
even in all cases, but that is not automatic.
It is for us to judge.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation