Re: package.el, auto-installation, and auto-removal

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: package.el, auto-installation, and auto-removal
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:27:18 +0000

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes. I think that's what Stefan was asking for. But Stefan seems to
> prefer the elpakit approach, which is fine too (Nic has a nice
> comparison section at https://github.com/nicferrier/elpakit).
>
> (Stefan: would you and the other maintainers be open to Cask+Pallet
> *and* elpakit in Emacs?  Or is that too much choice?)

I don't think that was Stefan's position. His position was "can we have
this feature?"

I don't think he cares who does it or how it's done.

I'll add the feature he wants via bits of elpakit. I'm not sure the rest
of elpakit is needed. Maybe it is.

I am still cross about the whole state of packaging. It's wrong. But no
one seems to be listening to me.

/me throws toys down, kicks trumpet, shoves hands in pockets and stands
in corner.

Nic