Re: Push is complete

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Push is complete
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:02:41 -0700

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Repository push is complete.  Please set
>
> [receive]
>       denynonfastforwards = true
>
> in the repository config.

Already done.  I set that up for the pristine repository reset.

> Also, please run git repack there - I firot to do that before I pushed
> and it will reduce the download time.

Will do.

> Once you let me know this is done, I will re-clone as a test.  Once I
> know that has succeeded I will announce on emacs-devel that commits
> are open.

I will let you know when it is done.  Unfortuantely vcs had a
load/resource problem today.  We rebooted it to rescue it from a
browned out 350+ load problem.  Currently it is distressed trying to
keep up with all of the incoming git requests for all projects.  I am
going to let it settle down a little and then will repack when the
system has more idle cycles available.

Also let me know if you are ready to add commit notification emails.

Bob