Re: porting to Wayland

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: porting to Wayland
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:08:19 +0100

Daiki Ueno skrev den 2014-11-13 02:58:
"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

This is not a Wayland port, it is a Cairo port.  It still uses X for
events (mouse keyboard) as Cairo does not have any of that.
Wayland would be a different beast.

Right.  So this is totally unrelated to what Daiki was experimenting
with?

I don't know what Daiki was experimenting with.

The Cairo part is an overlap between those patches.  I believe mine is
much less quality.  The differences are: Yamamoto-san's patch adds
printing support using GTK+ print dialogs, and mine was trying to add
Wayland keyboard event handling.

By the way, some of my friends are really interested in the Cairo based
printing support.  Could you perhaps post an update of Yamamoto-san's
patch?  I'm happy to test it.

I haven't kept it up to date with trunk lately. I'll see if I can update it and then post it.

        Jan D.