Re: This Is The Git Help Mailing List

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:19:31 +0100

D'oh.  Me stupid.

I had just forgotten to commit the ChangeLog change, which is why it was
complaining about "unstaged" things.

And having this in emacs/.gitattributes helps a lot:

ChangeLog    merge=merge-changelog

You need to install the merge-changlog thingie from somewhere, though.
I think.  It's been a while since I fiddled with this.

With that in place, "git pull --rebase; git push" worked perfectly.