Re: Fixing repository conversion errors.

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Fixing repository conversion errors.
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:39:13 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> More importantly:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs.git/config shows that the email
> notifications have been "deconfigured" somehow.

Commit notifications have never been configured there.  Are you
thinking about the previous bzr repository?  The bzr repository had
them.  The interim git one this past year has not had them and this
new one doesn't either.

Some background just for general communication...

This is a new git repository.  By default when new repositories are
created there are no notification messages.  Most projects by majority
don't want commit messages.  Many projects do.  The default is none.
Currently if a project wants commit messages they must ask for it.

The normal thing is to submit a support ticket.  Then someone from the
team would service the queue of tickets and act upon it.  At the
moment this would come right back around to me as the active git
person.  So I have been shortcutting the process by having you guys
email me directly if you want me to do something because otherwise it
would sit in the ticket queue until I polled it to notice things and I
have been quite busy lately and haven't been polling with any
reasonable frequency.  I didn't want a request to languish there.

> Could you re-enable them (and maybe keep an eye to see if/how they
> get re-deconfigured)?

Since it seems that the large uploads have finished I have set up
commit notification emails.  You will start seeing them upon the next
commit.  Until this time I was waiting for someone to tell me that big
uploads were done and ask for notifications to be turned on.  I am not
tracking the emacs project and if you don't tell me anything then I
don't know anything.  And maybe even if you tell me something I might
still not know anything.

Bob