Re: minor bzr->git changes missed

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: minor bzr->git changes missed
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 07:42:56 +0200

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Perry E. Metzger" <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 22:54:35 +0100
> MailScanner-NULL-Check: address@hidden
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> For reference, is there a description of the full development
> >> process, updated for the git world, one can read?
> >
> > Yes, admin/notes/repo and admin/notes/commits.
>
> I scanned this and I scanned Git for Emacs Devs, but I'm still not sure
> how to push stuff to the emacs-24 branch.
>
> Could someone please just write recipe on how to do this, starting with
>
> git clone --local emacs emacs-24

AFAIU, by using "clone --local", you defined a personalized workflow
that is not what the Wiki describes.  The Wiki describes the situation
where you have a repository cloned from the remote.  Then you just
"git checkout" the branch, make your changes, commit them, and push
them.  Exactly like you do with master, with the addition of the
checkout step.

It's unreasonable to expect the related documentation to describe
every possible personal workflow out there.  If you use your own
workflow, you are expected to know how, or google, or ask specific
questions.