Re: Obscure error/warning/information message from git pull

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Obscure error/warning/information message from git pull
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:50:57 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> git log is being piped into less, which is objectionable.  If I want it
> in less, I'm quite capable of saying so.  Is there a flag I can give to
> stop my stdout being hijacked, or can I configure it away somehow?

As soon as you redirect it won't be piped into less.  But you can either
specify the global git option --no-pager, e.g.,

  git --no-pager log

or configure

  git config --global core.pager cat

But with that, you'll always see Jim Blandy's commit from 1985 in "git
log" and then have to scroll up some million lines...

Bye,
Tassilo