Rewriting bzrmerge.el (was: git transition issues)

From: David Engster
Subject: Rewriting bzrmerge.el (was: git transition issues)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:52:06 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:
>> admin/bzrmerge.el, admin/notes/repo: bzrmerge.el won't work in the new
>> repository at all, as it felies on bzr CLI features.  There is
>> material in admin/notes/repo tied to it.  All this will have to be
>> rewritten for git.
>
> Yes, this needs to be rewritten.  I thought it was done already.  It was
> mentioned as one of the prerequisites for a move to Git, since we use it
> on a regular basis to merge the new emacs-24 changes into trunk.

OK, I'll bite... *sigh*

So, with bzr, we could pretty easily commit only the meta-data of
skipped commits, so that they were regarded as merged. But being the
stupid content tracker that Git is, I think that ship has sailed. We can
of course cherry-pick a commit with the 'ours' merge strategy, but that
will of course change the SHA1...

Ideas?

-David