Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 18:26:01 +0200

> From: David Engster <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:52:06 +0100
> Cc: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> OK, I'll bite...

Thanks a lot.

> So, with bzr, we could pretty easily commit only the meta-data of
> skipped commits, so that they were regarded as merged. But being the
> stupid content tracker that Git is, I think that ship has sailed.

You mean, if I merge a commit, and then make another commit that
undoes all the changes of the first one, that first commit will not
appear in the DAG?  I'd be surprised.

Or are you saying that if I do the above, then merge again from the
same branch, Git will again bring the same stuff and effectively undo
my undo?