How to reference bug numbers in commit messages

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: How to reference bug numbers in commit messages
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:39:07 +0200

AFAIK, this issue was left undecided.  I see different people use
different methods, and I think we should decide on a single way that
we will recommend.

Alternatives:

  . just mention the bug number (as in "#12345") somewhere in the
    commit log message

  ' mention the bug number in the first line (a.k.a. "summary") of the
    commity log message

  . add a separate line saying "Fixes bug#12345" or "Fixes debbugs:12345"

  . anything else I didn't think about