Re: package and testing rant (was Re: package.el, auto-installation, and

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: package and testing rant (was Re: package.el, auto-installation, and auto-removal)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:49:13 -0500

> Apparently people don't believe me or think I am exaggerating.

Sounds like a misunderstanding.  Among the things you seem to want
(IIUC), there are 2 different kinds:
- some that are incompatible with some of the things I want.
- some that are perfectly feasible, but noone has done them yet.
Among the second point, there's for instance "improve the build scripts
of GNU ELPA such that it's easier to run them locally", or "improve the
build scripts such that some or all of the build can be done manually by
the maintainer".

        Stefan