Re: Good book on Git

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Good book on Git
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 08:27:00 +0100

>   > > Who wrote it?  Is there any chance of persuading per to free it?
>
>   > Scott Chacon and Ben Straub wrote it. I don't know either of them,
>   > but you can contact them through the web site.
>
> It isn't easy for me to do anything directly through a web site.  Can
> you find their email addresses?

It's CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 which is good for educational works though not
compliant to the GNU GPL/FDL according to the GNU list of licenses at
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html.

Anyway, the authors' addresses are those:

  "Scott Chacon" <address@hidden>
  "Ben Straub" <address@hidden>

The source code of the book is available as a git repository at
https://github.com/progit/progit2.  According to the VCS history, there
are 22 people in total that contributed to the second edition of the
book.

Bye,
Tassilo