Re: Messing with the VC history

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Messing with the VC history
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 08:33:14 +0900

Óscar Fuentes writes:

 > What I'm describing is an scenario where merges are created just
 > because someone pushed changes since your last `pull'. Apart from
 > the noise on the VC history, this procedure has a recursive nature:

You can't win this one, Óscar.  Many Emacs developers, including
several frequent committers, are uninterested in learning enough about
VCS to deal with these issues.  Some dislike rebasing in principle or
because doing it properly (as they understand it) involves running
tests on all rebased commits.