Re: Include necessary git tools in the Emacs distribution?

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: Re: Include necessary git tools in the Emacs distribution?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 03:07:51 +0100

On Friday 14 November 2014 17:13:35 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> Gentoo has dev-vcs/git-merge-changelog as a package. However, it would
> certainly help if it was packaged upstream, without the need to first
> extract it from gnulib.

I've created a bug (wishlist) report for it to be added to Debian's git-extras
package:

But so far (7 Jan 2014) no reply.  I guess the best solution to deal with it,
would be to move it from Gnulib to git/contrib.  But that would require the
Gnulib and git maintainers to work together and agree on the issue.

(Since it is licensed GPL2+, there should at least be no license issue.)

Regards,
Rüdiger