Re: [RFC] Correctly handling MinGW-w64

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: [RFC] Correctly handling MinGW-w64
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 04:50:22 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>
>>> How about applying to both (with a suitable "don't merge to trunk"
>>> note on emacs-24)?
>>
>> Not sure how to do that on an effective way.
>
> Write "do not merge to trunk" in the commit log.
>
> (And then wait for someone to implement a bzrmerge.el replacement so
> that actually does something.)

Exactly. I know that gitmerge.el (or whatever) is not implemented, so
annotating the commit message has no effect.

>> Pushed the change to emacs-24. Let's see how it fares after the next
>> merge.
>
> Ah yes, the "Somebody Else's Problem" method! :)
>
> (The ideal solution would be for you to now merge emacs-24 to trunk and
> resolve the conflicts yourself.)

Just tried. Merging all those Changelogs is insane. After resolving all
the conflicts, I was not sure about the outcome, so scratched it.

If "Somebody Else" wishes to merge up to the prior commit of mine, I'll
merge it just afterwards. But after seeing the amount of conflicts on
the merge I tried, my change is the least of "Somebody Else"'s concerns.