Re: dired-like interface for GPG

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: dired-like interface for GPG
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:48:12 +0900

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

>> I would soon like to embark on making a GPG interface for Emacs. It
>> will be somewhat like dired, but you use it manage GPG keys in the
>> keyring.
>
> If you do, please keep things as close as makes sense to the way
> Dired does things (e.g. actions on marked things, conventional
> key bindings and menus).  (But only where it makes sense.)

I like the idea, since `M-x epa-list-keys' is not very useful for key
management.  For what it's worth I've just added a few functions to
epg.el, for advanced key editing.  Now one can edit key attributes with:

(defun disable-callback (context status string arg)
  (cond
   ((and (equal status "GET_LINE")
         (equal string "keyedit.prompt"))
    (if (car arg)
        (process-send-string (epg-context-process context) "quit\n")
      (process-send-string (epg-context-process context) "disable\n")))
   ((equal status "GOT_IT")
    (setcar arg t))
   (t
    (message "Unhandled status: %s %s" status string))))

;; Disable a key, associated with a string "test key".
(let ((context (epg-make-context 'OpenPGP))
      (state (list nil))
      keys)
  (setq keys (epg-list-keys context "test key"))
  (if keys
      (epg-edit-key context (car keys) 'disable-callback state)))

The interface is a bit inconvenient, but consistent with the GPGME.

See more practical uses in GPA:
http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpa.git;a=blob;f=src/gpgmeedit.c;h=7ff9a05c0c5e8fbd1599313735160b8d8812f00b;hb=HEAD#l328

Regards,
--