Re: Network security manager

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Network security manager
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 15:57:49 +0100

> This is trivial to implement in the NSM, but what should the defaults
> be?

IMO: Yes.

> IMAP, POP3: I think most users would want to be warned here
> SMTP, IRC: I don't think anybody cares
> NNTP: They might care if they're sending a password

Excuse my potential ignorance:

I think I sent a (username, password) tuple to my SMTP server when
sending mails.  Why should I not care if it's encrypted?  If someone
snatched the password they'd be able to get to my IMAP, no?

In fact, in my setup, offlineimap talks to IMAP server, but Emacs talks
directly sents via the SMPT server.

--
Summon the Mothership!