Re: Network security manager

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
Subject: Re: Network security manager
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 22:21:00 +0100

> I parsed this bits a bit more, and ended up with
>
> Certificate issued by Cybertrust Public SureServer SV CA
> Issued to Akamai Technologies, Inc.
> Certificate host name: a248.e.akamai.net
> Public key: RSA, signature: RSA-SHA1, security level: Low
> Valid from: 2014-06-12, valid to: 2015-06-12

It would be nice if this part could be tabulated, I think; to make it
easier to separate out the data from the description. Something like:

Certificate info:
Issued by:         Cybertrust Public SureServer SV CA
Issued to:         Akamai Technologies, Inc.
Hostname:          a248.e.akamai.net
Public key:        RSA, signature: RSA-SHA1
Security level:    Low
Valid:             From 2014-06-12 to 2015-06-12

For the list of reasons, I think printing the 'certificate could not be
verified' part is redundant; that comes with a reason -- for gmane.org,
for instance, I get:

The TLS connection to news.gmane.org:nntp is insecure
for the following reasons:

certificate signer was not found
certificate could not be verified

-Toke