Re: Obscure error/warning/information message from git pull

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Obscure error/warning/information message from git pull
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:07:12 +0900

Sergey Organov writes:

 > You see, you should have had no "made on that branch" in your
 > description, provided you describe Gits' idea of a branch, not your one,
 > as Git does not remember on what branch commit was made.

No DAG-based VCS (with the single exception of Mercurial's "named
branches" AFAIK) remembers on what branch a commit was made.  What
Mercurial and Bazaar try to do is ensure a one-to-many branch-to-
workspace mapping, so that you must change workspaces to change the
focus of development.  Some people apparently enjoy that restraint.
What amazes me is that they're not all Java developers. ;-)