Re: Network Security Manager merge time?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Network Security Manager merge time?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:04:53 +0100

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It will upgrade via STARTTLS to encrypted automatically.

This is true. Given the news about various ISPs removing 'STARTTLS' from
server capabilities, I've now moved over to using nntps directly. Whilst
that is easy to set up (once you read the manual :-) ) I do wonder if it
would be helpful to inform users that using nntps might be an option
when their connection is upgraded? Perhaps even offer to switch their
connection method to nntp-open-tls-stream for them?

Robert