Re: How to switch Git branches with VC?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: How to switch Git branches with VC?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:00:36 +0200

On 11/19/2014 08:39 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Talk about obfuscation: a command that's called "retrieve-tag" doesn't
retrieve anything and is normally unrelated to tags!

Yep, I certainly didn't mean that the situation is ideal.

I pushed to the emacs-24 branch some documentation changes that should
serve as stopgap.

Looks good to me.

But I really think we should have a set of VC
commands that deal with branches: create them, switch to them, remove
them, etc.

Indeed. Maybe less related, but we could also use a 'merge' command and an 'amend' command (which is a fairly normal action when working on a branch, and will become more important when change logs are generated from commit messages).