Re: Network Security Manager merge time?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Network Security Manager merge time?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:16:59 +0200

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:42:42 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> I can't see any such calls on the branch, but perhaps my grep-fu isn't
> >> looking for the right thing.  Which calls in particular?
>
> [...]
>
> >   gnutls_x509_crt_get_issuer_unique_id
>
> The call for that is, for instance:
>
>     err = fn_gnutls_x509_crt_get_issuer_unique_id (cert, NULL, &buf_size);
>     if (err == GNUTLS_E_SHORT_MEMORY_BUFFER) {
>       char *buf = malloc (buf_size);
>       err = fn_gnutls_x509_crt_get_issuer_unique_id (cert, buf, &buf_size);
>
> (And the same with the other functions in the list.)

Obviously, that's not what I saw.  I copy/pasted the functions from
the diffs.

> >> (And have you updated the branch?  The cargo culting happened in a
> >> commit earlier today.)
> >
> > I said "git diff ...origin/nsm", I hope that's the right command to
> > see the diffs against the trunk.
>
> Perhaps a "git pull" is missing?

No, I did the diff immediately after pulling.

However, it takes time to review the diffs, and if you kept committing
changes during that time, and never said "forget what you saw until
now 'cause I changed all of it", then I couldn't possibly know I'm
staring at stale code.

Anyway, it looks fine now that I repeat the procedure.