Re: Generating the ChangeLog files from the commit messages

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Generating the ChangeLog files from the commit messages
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 12:03:04 +0200

> From: David Engster <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 23:51:11 +0100
> Cc: Bastien <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> >     <changelog-style details>
>
> That's precisely what I'd drop. It's just a verbose diff.

No, it's a summary of diffs.  As such, it many times presents a
bird-eye view that is hard to grasp by looking at the diffs.  It is
also much shorter, so if you want to decide whether a particular
changeset is of interest, you have much less text to read.

So I definitely disagree that this should be dropped.