Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 23:47:44 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:
>> On second thought: Do you mean we should just merge them in a series of
>> merge commits (maybe in a temporary branch as to not pollute 'master'
>> too much)? That's easy, of course. I was hoping I could somehow
>> replicate the workflow we did with Bazaar, where we had one single merge
>> commit for each merge.
>
> It doesn't matter if it's a single commit or not.

OK, I've done the rewrite but I need to clean it up a bit, which I'll do
over the weekend. I've also found that I can actually squash the merges
into one with a little bit of plumbing: simply do a soft reset before
the merges, then do a 'commit-tree' and set the second parent to the
last commit from emacs-24 you have in your last merge. That seems to
work fine since all the commits in the consecutive merges are directly
related, but I'm not really comfortable with it just yet, so I'll keep
that for later...

-David