Re: My plans for VC mode

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: My plans for VC mode
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:44:55 +0100

Hi.

> 22 nov 2014 kl. 17:29 skrev Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden>:
>
> Jan D. <address@hidden>:
>> Do you have any plans for async checkin/commit from vc?
>
> Not yet.  How do you want this to work?

Just mindstorming here, but I would expect something like make/grep, i.e. the
output of the command goes to another buffer and you can continue working in
other buffers.

Come to think of it, it would be nice for other commands like vc-dir, which I
see lock up Emacs when working with slow connections to non-local repositories.
 If this could be generalized,
i.e. if all vc-commands would be asynchronous it would improve the user
experience.

        Jan D.