Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:22:38 +0100

>  > It would be nice it it were possible to provide them with that.
>
> But providing choices and trying to give guidance as to which ones are
> efficient in the presence of conflicting definitions of "efficient"
> (nothing that involves frequent bootstrap is time-efficient!) adds
> complexity, a disservice to the intended audience (eg, Richard and
> Ken'ichi).

I don't want to provide choices and complexity.  I want to provide
simple instructions.  But the better the results ends up being, the
better the instructions are.

If there is a way to get two separate branches checked out at the same
time without doubling the disk spaces used, that would be nice.  The
answer currently seems to be "use git-new-workdir", unless there's
something one of the git experts has said somewhere that I missed, which
is entirely possible.