Re: Emacs, Mac OS X Yosemite and restarts after sleep

From: Paul Michael Reilly
Subject: Re: Emacs, Mac OS X Yosemite and restarts after sleep
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 03:51:17 -0500

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 3:42 AM, Harald Hanche-Olsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
The final test was to use Emacs 25 built around the time Eric announced
the git conversion ready for testing. This test also failed. Conclusion:
Emacs and Yosemite do not play nice together.

That conclusion seems a bit strong: I am running emacs compiled straight from the git repo on Yosemity with no problem. But perhaps I just don't run into your particular circumstances.

You are correct, the conclusion was too strong.  I have had two test sessions without Emacs running, one failed (the system rebooted upon waking) and one did not.  That seems to take Emacs out of the equation.

My apologies if I wasted anyone's time on this issue.

-pmr