Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 03:59:08 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > >  > That is true (even on Windows), but then one would need to pull twice,
 > >  > once from upstream, the other time from the first clone to the second,
 > >  > right?  Doesn't sound a net win to me.
 > >
 > > Fetching takes negligible time locally, and if you're worried about
 > > the typing write a shell function/script or an Emacs command.
 >
 > I'm worried about people forgetting the 2nd fetch, and then getting
 > themselves into trouble.

Sure, but how do you avoid a second fetch or pull (this is what
updates the branch head) if you have a 2d clone?  I'm assuming that is
the way to go for some workflows, specifically if you're working on
the release branch and the trunk a lot.  Otherwise, I'm all in favor
of a single repo with the branches of interest being colocated.