Re: Testing the new VC code

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Testing the new VC code
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:31:06 +0100

>> I could use a similar technique with Gitorious.

> Or you can use a branch in emacs.git on Savannah, like Lars did.

The idea was to avoid cluttering the Savannah repository with obsolete
feature branches.

You could suggest a naming convention like
"features/some-feature-branch" instead of just "some-feature-branch",
and you could add an automated cleanup that backs out old and unused
branches somewhere and clean them out of the the Savannah repository,
but it would be simpler to just avoid the clutter.

And trust me: there _will_ be clutter, and sooner than you think.

Another possibility would be to make an emacs-features.git repository on
Savannah, and just let it be filled with clutter.  If you make it a
sparse repository containing just master and emacs-24, it will be
"preloaded" for current feature branches, and there will be less to
push.