Re: [elpa] 01/01: Add requires to fix separate compilation.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [elpa] 01/01: Add requires to fix separate compilation.
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:07:12 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> So I guess when merging from AUCTeX Git to ELPA, one needs to handle
>> those generated files manually...
>
> No, it shouldn't be necessary.  The GNUmakefile I added to the
> elpa.git code should generate the <foo> from the <foo>.in.

Ah, great.  By the way, today we've applied the patch that pulls all
preview files into the top-level auctex directory.  Would it make sense
to re-initialize the ELPA branch so that auctex git and ELPA are the
very same thing?

>From my perspective, I'd be happy to put the files that are usually
generated by the auctex Makefile which can't be built on ELPA under
version control.  I guess for most of them we could make the generation
add a "buffer-read-only: t" file local variable to prevent people from
accidentally editing them or something like that.

Bye,
Tassilo