Re: Bidirectional text and URLs

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Bidirectional text and URLs
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 18:13:16 +0100

> I have a feeling that the problem that LTR URLs get reordered
> strangely must have presented itself in other software, such as
> browsers.  What do they do about it?

Most browsers do nothing about it -- Firefox, for instance, will just
display the reordered URL, and clicking it will take you to unexpected
places.

While this problem has existed for years, it seems like it's only been
getting attention lately, and perhaps the other browser maintainers are
also scratching their heads about what the right approach to take here
is...