Re: Generating the ChangeLog files from the commit messages

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Generating the ChangeLog files from the commit messages
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:30:47 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Btw, there's another minor issue with a single large ChangeLog: the
> size suggested by Paul (32MB AFAIR) is above the default value of
> large-file-warning-threshold (currently 10,000,000 bytes).  So we
> should either bump the default value of that variable or lower the
> size of ChangeLog after which we roll it over, otherwise the users
> will be annoyed by the large file warnings when visiting ChangeLog.

I think we should probably increase that limit.  10MB isn't a lot, these
days.

But I wonder whether it's feasible to make that a dynamic limit?  Do we
have a way to ask the OS how much (physical-ish) RAM it has?  If it's a
64GiB machine, it might make sense to make the limit higher than if it's
a 16MiB machine.