Re: emacs-dynamic-module in Emacs Git?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: emacs-dynamic-module in Emacs Git?
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 16:42:07 -0600

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 10:04:34 -0500 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> SM> By "API" I meant something like a .h file which modules can include to
> SM> define the functions and datatypes that they can use.  I.e. by API
> SM> I mean those things that the module code can do, rather than the things
> SM> that Emacs code can do with modules.
>
> By API I meant both directions, the module API for registration and
> metadata, and the Emacs API that modules can use. So I still think a
> call-only API (only in the direction of calling the module) is best for
> now, so that .h file is unnecessary.

In my particular case, this will not be useful; I need to call some
ada-mode elisp functions from a compiled parser.

These elisp functions will not be in any .h file, but I will need the
appropriate "funcall" in that .h file.

> I agree with the rest of your comments, except that it's not clear when
> you'll feel that the module loading is settled enough to merge into the
> master branch.

I suggest waiting until a couple more people write actual modules.

--
-- Stephe