Re: emacs-dynamic-module in Emacs Git?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: emacs-dynamic-module in Emacs Git?
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 03:27:41 -0600

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> for packages"; I don't think we can define a .h file for modules either.
>
> We will need a .h file just to compile those modules (we want to be able
> to compile those modules from a compiled version of Emacs, i.e. in the
> absence of the complete C source of Emacs).

That's not a requirement for me as a package developer, nor if the
modules are distributed as binary.

But if we want to distribute the modules as source, to be compiled on
each user's machine (as elisp code in ELPA packages is now), then we
need that .h file, yes.

I guess we'll find out if that works when someone tries it.

--
-- Stephe