Re: Generate ChangeLogs

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Generate ChangeLogs
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 09:40:23 -0800

On 12/04/2014 07:40 AM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
In that case, I say "yes" to start generating the ChangeLogs.

Stefan wrote that he's in favor of the idea, so there's a+1 there, too. (I wrote the patch to do it, so it should be pretty obvious that I'm in favor.)

My biggest worry, to be honest, is Glenn, who tidies up ChangeLogs more than anyone else does. It's more of a hassle to do that when ChangeLogs are generated automatically. My own feeling is that, although I understand the pull of having the logs look good, our limited resources can be put to better use in areas other than tidying up ChangeLogs, and I'm willing to live with somewhat-messier ChangeLogs if we can trade that for a simpler workflow and/or other improvements elsewhere.