Re: Metaproblem, part 3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Metaproblem, part 3
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 13:15:49 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: João Távora <address@hidden>,
>   <address@hidden>,  <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 10:56:17 +0000
>
> > I also think that we have mentoring here, so I don't understand what
> > exactly is this gripe about.  People ask questions, both here and on
> > bug-gnu-emacs, and get helpful answers and guidance even when the
> > questions are only tangentially related to Emacs (or even not at
> > all).  What exactly is missing?
>
> I've gone back and read what I wrote. I can't see where it is a gripe.

I apologize for using the word "gripe".  Let me rephrase: what is
missing in the current practices on emacs-devel to make them eligible
to be called "mentoring", in your opinion?

> It seems to me to be a positive suggestion.

I didn't perceive it as negative.  I just didn't understand what was
being suggested in practical terms.  Please elaborate.