Re: Metaproblem, part 3

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Metaproblem, part 3
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 12:16:28 +0000

João Távora <address@hidden> writes:
> I hope I did clarify a bit, but ideally others can pitch in. I think
> simulating a hypothetic platonic dialog between "JR Hacker" and "JR
> Mentor" would be a good format to pitch in. Phillip, what would be the
> ideal dialog between mentor and mentoree be?

I think you have got it about right. As an example, I had two
discussions with Stefan off-list. One about ELPA (where I contributed a
package). I told him what my problem was (that I synchronize my work
between machines and cloning all of ELPA was problematic for me). He
hold me the solution.

Another time I asked what I know is a stupid question, which is, why is
my ssh private key not working. He said, can't help you with that, but
the savannah mailing list will. And they did.

I know it's a stupid question because I'd been teaching my students
about it ssh keys two days before. It's very frustrating to have a
problem that you know you should be able to fix.

Right, said I would say no more in the last post!

Phil