Re: More metaproblem

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: More metaproblem
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 13:24:40 -0500

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>:
> Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > If we could work out the technical details to have a "www/" directory at
> > the top level of the Emacs source tree, and have that be where both the
> > home page http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/ *and* soon-to-be-written
> > new developer-oriented pages are maintained, would you be in favor of
> > that?
>
> I think that's a great idea.

Yes.  Something like this needs to happen.  It is possible that this is
what the doc directory should become - home for the new, unified,
fully hypertexted document strucuture.

But getting hung up on the name would be a mistake, and we mustn't
bikeshed about that. The main points are: no more documentation ghettos,
full web exposure - and info, necessarily, taken out and shot.