Re: Generators (iterators) for Gnu Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Generators (iterators) for Gnu Emacs
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 14:19:38 -0500

>> I guess a `gen-cons' would be more efficient than this
>> (gen-append (gen-from-elts value) ...).
> I'm not sure implementing `gen-cons' is a good idea.

I only meant it as an optimization of (gen-append (gen-from-elts value) ...).
This form appears twice in your file.

>> > (defmacro gen-delay-expr (expression)
>> Have you made use of this?  I'm not sure it really fits.  I mean,
>> technically it works, but I'm not completely sure if pretending it's
>> a generator is a clever idea or not.
> I defined it because I need it in `gen-cache', and because it wasn't
> existing yet in Emacs.  Do you think delay-expression should be defined
> somewhere else in Emacs?  Then I would be happy to use it for
> `gen-cache'.

Not sure.  There's some overlap with url-future.el (which only has the
"url-" prefix because we didn't want to grab the "future-" prefix
without first getting more experience with the corresponding
abstraction).

        Stefan