Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 16:47:36 -0500

David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> HTML is not a suitable source format for documentation but a target
> format,

That is true; I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise.  I was addressing
Stefan's point that HTML rendering in eww isn't that good yet.  I
think the natural consituency for eww and HTML as a browsing format is
so large that if we blow down our barriers to entry somebody will show
up to polish eww to a nice shine.  (In fact, I have a fair guess who that
will be.)

>         and AsciiDoc is an even larger barrier.  It's not well-defined
> and has no canonical and/or reliable implementation.

That is not.  It is quite well documented and specified.  It has a canonical
inplementation (asciidoc) and a slightly extended one (asciidoctor).