Re: More metaproblem

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: More metaproblem
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 03:27:10 -0600

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> The barrier to the documentation change is when people see senior devs
> pointing to etc/CONTRIBUTE as a fine place for dev documentation and
> think "Oh, so the project thinks that's okay?  They point to that as a
> solution, rather than as a problem?  I guess I'm in the wrong place."

I have not seen anyone (other than you) state this.

Can you please give _detailed_ reasons why ./CONTRIBUTE (I just moved
it) is inadequate?

Not just "I prefer web pages", but _why_.

Not just "files are _so_ last century; the web is hip".

It was out of date; that's being fixed, and was not mentioned as a
problem anyway.

> Perhaps I shouldn't have characterized that as "resistance"; it's more
> "active promotion of a sub-optimal thing as though it were perfectly
> fine, with implied demotion of better things that could replace it".

I have given reasons why local files in git are better than web pages;
please explain your reasons.

--
-- Stephe