Re: Your commit 7409a79

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Your commit 7409a79
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 14:45:00 +0900

Stephen Leake writes:
 > Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

 > > Please always start the commit log summary line with a capital letter,
 > > and end the sentence with a period.

 > But I don't think capitals and periods actually improve readability in
 > this context; it's _not_ a manual, nor a code comment.

Just as a point of information (I claim no UX authority), I do find
summaries that are complete sentences more readable.  That may be
because the capital-and-period discipline encourages many writers to
write complete thoughts (vs complete sentences).  Or it may be that
better writers are more likely to write in complete sentences unless
told not to.