Re: Generators (iterators) for Gnu Emacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Generators (iterators) for Gnu Emacs
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 09:54:35 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> the environment. It's `car', goddammit it, not `seq-list-car'.
>
> Yup.  `car' sucks as well, but it's too late to fix it.
> The prefix also helps discoverability, BTW.

What was it again?  "contents of address register" or something as
opposed to "contents of decrement register".  Rather arbitrary terms for
first element and the tail of a list.  If anything, I'd have expected
the tail to be in an address register.

But that's heritage.  Not even Scheme dared touching it.

--
David Kastrup